Monday, August 02, 2010

KINDERGARTEN!

Evan in front of the main entrance to his school

The day I have been thinking about, dreading, anticipating etc etc for the past 2 years finally came today. Evan started kindergarten! I would love for him to be home with me still during the day, but he is so ready for this new stage of life.

He is attending our neighborhood school, Oakhurst Elementary School. It is about a mile from our house, it takes us about 15 minutes to walk there. I took some pictures at the Meet and Greet last week to share what Evan's kindergarten experience will look like so far...

Evan's teacher Ms. Albright

Evan with the Parapro for his class, Ms. Holmes.

The school is a beautiful building that was built in the 1920's and has been renovated.

Morning of the first day, all ready to go!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a big boy! Way to go, Evan!

Big hugs to you, Jennifer! XOXO

Carissa said...

I heard about the celebratory Krisy Kreme Dinner!!! Good choice, Evan :) We miss you guys!

Amy said...

Hurray for Evan!